Friday, April 29, 2011

I don't need a break... I'm super-mom! Or am I...

Hello to all! I hope that this note finds you all happy and healthy!

To start, Happy Spring!!! I cannot even begin to express the joy that comes into my heart thinking of Spring - gardening, seeds, potting soil, fresh fruits and vegetables, blooms on the trees, the smell of fresh cut grass, lounging on the front porch, walks down the street with a gentle breeze (or today, winds that will knock small children down, lol), and in general new life and a fresh start. All of these things bring a smile to my face and warm my heart. I do however, have an occasional bad day - EVEN in the Spring. Afterall, I am only human!

Today seems to be one of those days...

We haven't spent any time at home the last 2 weekends in a row, 1 of the kiddos has been fighting an ear infection AND teething, and we haven't had but 1 decent's night sleep in the last 2 weeks... This really wears on a person.
I looked out the window this morning and saw that my darling husband had taken the trash down to the curb for me like he always does on Friday's. A couple hours later, I heard the trash truck. I glance out the window as it is driving by our house.... Yes, I said driving BY our house. "Why in the world is the trash truck not stopping? Our dumpster is sitting right there (as well as some other bags and folded cardboard boxes)." I called the trash company, and they pulled up my account. I had forgotten to make the payment, so our service is "on hold". UGH! It's really not that big of a deal - they hadn't picked up the can yet, I made the payment (the money was set aside for it already, just waiting on ME), and our service will resume next week with no additional penalties... BUT, it's really eating away at me and quite frankly, makes me feel inadequate - as a mother, as a wife, as a home-maker... I always try to be that "Super-mom" because I feel like that's who I need to be, but fact of the matter is, even super-mom's make mistakes and need a break sometime.
What I can do at this point, is say a prayer and try not to let it bother me - I'm the controller of my emotions and I can choose what upsets me and what doesn't! Sometimes that's easier said than done, but it MUST BE DONE! If I am to move on from this seemingly simple mistake that caused zero incovenience besides bringing the dumpster and a couple extra bags up to the house, I need to make the decision to let it go...

I feel a bit better already, just knowing what needs to be done to solve my feeling of inadequacy! Although, I'm sure a good night's sleep wouldn't hurt either ;)
Peace and love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment